Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Men may not want to read this!

This is a very open and honest posting, so if you don't want to read anything icky, stop now.

So nothing about this pregnancy/delivery/baby has gone "normal". Right? Well, the saga continues.

I had continued bleeding well after my 6 week postpartum check up. I went to the doctor last Monday, which was a day shy of 11 weeks postpartum, still bleeding. My ob's did an ultra sound - which showed I had retained some "pregnancy tissue"...So a D&C was in my horizon.

I was not worried or anything. It was a simple procedure that had no emotional attachments like having one aftger a miscarriage....

I just wanted to stop bleeding!!

So yesterday I had my D&C. Which should have been a short little 20 minute procedure. Well it wasn't.

My uterus was in such bad shape (like the rest of my body) that it tore. Which then meant, they had to go in thru my belly button and make a couple other incisions around my belly, and stitch me up.

Oh and they fill you up with some sort of gas. Which causes the most god awful cramps in the shoulder/collar bone region. And blows your belly up. I look more pregnant now than I did when I gave birth.

Good thing I didn't put up all the maternity clothes!!

So, I got home late yesterday evening - in a lot of pain. Can't really move to well, but I have to move to keep from cramping up. I have been hit by a mack truck!!!

Now here's the "humorous part". I had mom take me so Neil didn't have to be out of work. Not a big deal, and after all, I did have Ethel take him for his vasectomy. Ethel had the kids (and baby). So, here was my mom, having to call my hubby and say - ummm yeah - not going as planned...bless his heart. He is such a good man and I am sure it tore his nerves up to not be with me. (yeah right)

As I was coming out of the anesthesia, I did ask two things....one for phone to call and check on the baby and two - if Ob Doc did a tummy tuck while he was working there.

He didn't.

So here I sit, on my but that is continuing to get bigger - all crampy and sore. And a little loopy from the pain meds - so if I missed a word or two - contact the publishing company.

I can't wait until baby is a teenager and I can use the phrase "you have no idea what I went thru having you! don't tell me your not going to clean your room"

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh my goodness! Yep...I think you definitely can say "clean your room"!

Take care of yourself, and holler if there is anything I can do. :)

Betsy said...

Poor thing! That sounds miserable. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon!!! :)

Merae said...

haven't you been through enough? geez! i am so sorry. hang in there. xo